The Australian Reproductive Health Alliance (ARHA) is a small but influential advocacy group established in 1995 with a mission to promote public support for enhanced sexual and reproductive health in Australia and internationally, and to promote the advancement of the status of women and girls.
My work with ARHA involved several projects between 2004 and 2008. The projects included:
- briefing the board on the historical funding of ARHA
- updating and developing new policies and procedures manual
- developing a finance manual
- preparation and delivery of organisational effectiveness package including customised effective writing training, business planning, strategic planning day facilitation
- preparation of reports and new proposals to funding bodies
- Assistance with contract management
ETA: Sadly as of September 2011, ARHA has had to shut its door. A lack of a stable ongoing funding source, made keeping the organisation afloat impossible. A sad end to a great advocacy organisation.
SFWA is a pro-active early intervention service for families with adolescents who are experiencing family conflict or difficulties. SFWA assists
individual adolescents and their families through intensive case management, family mediation, respite, counselling, therapeutic interventions and parent support.
- In late 2006 Karen developed a policy and procedures manual for the SFWA
The Housing Support Unit in the YWCA-Canberra runs programs that provide short to medium term supported accommodation and outreach support to families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
In 2006, Karen reviewed and revised the policy and procedures manual for the Housing Support Unit.